AASP nearing the end of its' current Strategic Plan (2011-2015). This plan provided specific direction and measurable goals that have allowed AASP to grow and develop in a number of areas (Membership, Educational Programming, Communications, Certification, Organizational Structure). With the continued evolution of the association and field of sport psychology, it is important to re-calibrate our goals and objectives for the next 3-5 years. As a result, AASP has started the process of creating a new Strategic Plan to be launched in January 2016.
The new Strategic Plan will be formed from member input – through in-person and Virtual Town Halls and important Member Surveys. As a result, we expect the new plan to be data-driven.
- October 2014 - Begin Organizational Structure Review during E-Board meeting
- October 2014 - In person Town Hall Meeting at conference: Students
- November 2014 - January 2015 - Virtual Town Hall Meetings
one for Fellows, two for members, one specifically for International Members
- January 2015 - Determine Planning Session participants
E-Board plus 10 members representing AASP's various "constituencies"
- April 2015 - Member Survey circulated
- July 2015 - Pre-Session Workgroups established to define overarching Strategic Plan objectives
- October 2015 - Planning Session (prior to AASP 2015 in Indianapolis)
- January 2016 - Roll out of new Strategic Plan
SURVEY RESULTS / TOWN HALL MEETING MINUTES
Branding Survey Results (Aug 2014)
Town Hall Meeting - Students (Oct 2014)
Town Hall Meeting - Fellows (Nov 2014)
Town Hall Meeting - Members I (Dec 2014)
Town Hall Meeting - Members II (Dec 2014)
Town Hall Meeting - International Members (Jan 2015)
IN PERSON PLANNING SESSION
We plan on having 20 AASP members, representing different constituencies and stages in their professional careers, participate in the October 2015 planning session. These will include:
- Full time practitioner Certified consultant: CC-AASP
- LGBT representative to assist with diversity content
- Established scholar of international repute
- Mid-career professional
- Early-career professional
- Student member – emerging leader affirming the scientific – practitioner model
- Private Practitioner
- Past President with significant institutional memory
- Fellow who was not a President and member of the E-board
- Two international members
OPEN CALL FOR PLANNING SESSION PARTICIPANTS
We are holding an open call for AASP members who would like to directly participate in the in-person Planning Session, to be held Monday, October 12 (half day) & Tuesday, October 13 (full day) prior to AASP 2015 in Indianapolis. Selected individuals will be provided $500 to cover their conference airfare and 2 nights hotel accommodations.
If you would like to be considered, please an email a letter of of interest, indicating which of the categories above describes you as well as your current CV to Kent Lindeman, AASP's Executive Director, at email@example.com no later than January 30, 2015.
We look forward to member participation in helping us to develop our new Strategic Plan.