Funded by the AASP Foundation
The Distinguished Mentor Award recognizes the outstanding efforts by an AASP member as a mentor/supervisor who has had a significant impact on their mentee(s) in the field. The recipient receives a $250 cash award, complimentary AASP Annual Conference registration in the year of the award, and a plaque presented at the conference.
Nominees must meet the following criteria:
- Professional member of AASP.
- Be an Active CC-AASP.
- Have significantly impacted the work and personal development of mentee(s) as illustrated in testimonial letters.
- Nominees wil generally be individuals who have been working/mentoring/supervising in the field for many years, but it is possible that early career professionals could meet the spirit of the award and will certainly be considered.
An AASP member or groups of AASP members who are students or professionals may nominate a mentor for this award.
The nomination materials should include:
- Detailed information about the mentor and the scope and significance of his/her mentoring of students or professionals within sport and exercise psychology (and potentially beyond).
- Submissions may be no more than two (2) pages single-spaced.
- A maximum of four (4) supplemental letters from mentees may be added in an Appendix.
A five-person subcommittee from the AASP Foundation, including at least one AASP student member, will review the application(s).
*Deadline for this award: March 1 of each year.