Benefits of Membership
Active membership status brings many benefits to AASP members. These include:
- Receipt of the Journal of Applied Sport Psychology—Members receive this scholarly journal for the entire calendar year, regardless of when they joined—a $165 value!
- Receipt of the Journal of Sport Psychology in Action --Members receive this journal, designed to promote the application of scientific knowledge to the practice of sport, exercise, and health psychology for the entire calendar year, regardless of when they join.
- Online access of the AASP Newsletter—Members receive the Newsletter three times a year (winter, summer, and fall). The content of the Newsletter contains the President's message; description of the Association; membership information, messages from the divisions, committees, and student representative; information relevant to the annual conference; announcement of other relevant conference dates; interviews with prominent sport psychologists; election information; relevant articles; job openings; and so forth.
- Discounted Registration Fees for the Annual Conference—Members can attend the full conference, which features keynote presentations by leading experts in teh fields of health and exercise, performance, and social psychology, lectures by your peers, networking opportunities, and social events.
- Opportunity to Submit Research Grant Proposals—Members can submit proposals for “seed grants” for research projects. Grants range from $250 to $5000.
- Opportunity to Become Involved—Members are encouraged to become involved in applied sport psychology by serving on committees, participating in special interest groups within each of the three main areas (health and exercise psychology, performance enhancement/intervention, and social psychology), participating in the annual conference, and submitting articles to AASP publications.
- Access to the Member Directory—Members have access to the most prominent professionals in the field. Our members opt–in to this directory thus providing their contact information to other members of AASP.
- Opportunity to Participate in Related Research—Members can opt–in to a mailing list that is provided to professionals doing research related to Applied Sport Psychology.
- Opportunity to Receive Information and Products Related to Applied Sport Psychology—Members can opt–in to a mailing list that is provided to commercial organizations that support the mission and goals of AASP.
- Voting Rights: Professional and student membership categories have equal privileges of voice and vote. Only active fellows and fellow emeriti can vote on issues related to certification standards, ethical principles, and professional standards.