Nomination for Fellows
A Fellow is an AASP member who has achieved distinction through significant contributions to academic and professional practice knowledge in sport and exercise psychology.
Members desiring to become an AASP Fellow shall meet the following criteria:
- Demonstrated high standards of professional development by committing directly to the goals and long-range activities of the Association as evidenced by activities such as presentations at Association conferences, membership on Association committees, and contributions to Association publications.
- A doctorate from an accredited institution in a field related to sport psychology.
- Been a member of the Association for at least three consecutive years.
- Made significant contributions to academic and professional practice knowledge in sport and exercise psychology as evidenced by a distinguished record of academic publications, applied publications, the development of outstanding educational materials and programs, and/or via major contributions to sport organizations (e.g. design, implement and sustain over times a sport psychology program in a National Sport Governing Body, influence sport policy at the nation or international level).
- Received approval by the Fellow Review Committee. (Constitution Article IV Section 3)
We encourage members to nominate others for Fellow status or to nominate themselves if they believe they are qualified for this distinction.
- Complete the application form.
- Submit the candidate’s curriculum vitae.
- Include two references, at least one should be completed by a current Fellow. Current members of the Fellows Review Committee cannot write reference letters.
- Email full PDF application by March 1st of each year to the AASP at: firstname.lastname@example.org