Amnesty Reinstatement of CC-AASP Certification Status
The AASP Fellows recently approved an amnesty reinstatement procedure to allow former CC-AASPs, whose certification status has expired, to become recertified or change their expired certification status. This time-limited procedure is designed to provide former CC-AASPs the opportunity to reinstate their certification status without having to undergo undue financial or professional strain. Former CC-AASPs who do not request amnesty reinstatement of their certification status within the time frame outlined below will be required to reapply for certification and meet the certification requirements at that time if they desire to become certified again.
Who is eligible?
- All former CC-AASPs whose certification status expired any time between 1997 and 2012.
- Former CC-AASPs can request amnesty reinstatement for Active, Mentor Only, Inactive, or Emeritus certification status.
What are the requirements for amnesty reinstatement?
- Must request amnesty reinstatement by February 1, 2016.
- Must be a member of AASP and have paid annual membership dues at the time of the request.
- For reinstatement of Active or Mentor Only status only: Within the previous five years, must document satisfaction of the following recertification requirements as outlined on the current Recertification Application Form:
- attendance of at least 1 AASP conference and 2 other conferences that include, but are not limited to, sport psychology content. All three conferences can be AASP conferences.
- completion of 6 hours of continuing education.
- not required: continuous AASP membership and payment of CC-AASP dues for the past five years.
How do I request amnesty reinstatement?
- If requesting reinstatement of Active or Mentor Only certification status:
- submit a Recertification Application Form along with a Request to Reinstate Certification Status Form.
- pay the $75 recertification application fee along with the $25 reinstatement fee.
- submit materials for review by the Certification Review Committee by one of the following application deadlines: June 1, 2014, September 1, 2014, February 1, 2015, June 1, 2015, September 1, 2015, or February 1, 2015.
- If requesting reinstatement of Inactive or Emeritus certification status:
- submit a Request to Reinstate Certification Status Form.
- pay the $25 reinstatement fee
- submit materials for review by the Certification Review Committee by one of the following application deadlines: June 1, 2014, September 1, 2014, February 1, 2015, June 1, 2015, September 1, 2015, or February 1, 2016.
For questions or additional clarification, please contact the Chair of the Certification Review Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.