Sport Fandom SIG
To provide a forum for the distribution of ideas and information on the psychology of sport fandom, in particular the reciprocal relationship between athletic performance and spectators.
Five Points of Emphasis
- The impact of sport viewing on spectators' affect, cognition, and behavior.
- The reactions of youth sports parents as sport spectators.
- Factors that impact spectator consumption and attendance.
- Positive psychology and sport fandom (i.e., the psychological and societal benefits of fandom).
- The impact of spectators on athletic performance (e.g., social facilitation and the home field advantage).
For information on joining the Sport Fandom SIG, please contact Dan Wann.